Saturday 14 September 2013

Redrum, Magic and Fingers

It's Official! I have finally hit the Stephen King phase in my life. I have started with The Shining, the hardback of which I am reading given to me by my dad. I unfortunately had no idea of the swearing in the story. I hope to read Carrie afterwards, before I watch the movie. Speaking of which, Lykke Li's Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow featured in the trailer is beautiful yet haunting song. It is a constant item on my playlists and is perfect for the movie.

I have only read the first few chapters of The Shining and I'm already slightly scared. I hope to finish it in a week, and I probably will. I have plenty of time to kill now, as it seems I am suffering from a serious case of writer's block. I really don't want to hit another dead end in what seems to be a short-lived unpublished writing career, with a total of 12 failed novels that never got past chapter 1.


Moving on to the tomorrows that might never arrive, J.K. Rowling has decided to make a movie from one of the textbooks used by Harry throughout his years at Hogwarts, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander. I cannot wait for it because I have missed Harry's Wizarding World, after completing all the films and books last year.


I am also contemplating whether I should injure my pianist hands by playing a three handed piece with just two hands. Said piece is none other than The Piano Duet from Corpse Bride. This is an impossible task for me as I am only Grade 2 piano, but I will try to conquer the piece and maybe I'll play it for someone who actually wants to hear it other than me.


Wish me luck!

Amberly M. Oosthuizen

No comments:

Post a Comment