Monday 16 September 2013

The Private Stores of a Bibliophile

Hey Readers,

Thought I'd share some insight on my private life as a Bibliophile.

Bibliophile: A person who collects or has a great love of books...

I have loved reading since I was very little and my favorite childhood story was Tonight on the Titanic by Mary Pope Osborne. This was partly because I loved the story of the Titanic.


In my later years I have collected many books- old and new. Some of the shelves at my Grandfather's house are filled with my books of yesteryear. But when I no longer had space there (at the age of 10) my parents gave me a bookshelf. Said bookshelf gave me the scar on my nose when I was just 15 months old.

But what do you do when you run out of shelf space?

This is what I did:

When I ran out of shelf space, I cleared off the stuff on top and used the space. The current books there are the:

-  Fallen Series
- The Hush Hush Series
- The Matched Trilogy
- Pride and Prejudice
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
- The Harry Potter Series

and a few school library books...

However, I used up the space really quickly, so I had to make other arrangements....

I then brought an end table home from my Grandfather's house and stacked books on it.

There are various cookbooks, some of the Lemony Snicket books and sitting on top of it all are my Harry Potter Movies for my PSP. 

But, unfortunately, my table can only withstand so much weight. That is when I finally came to the conclusion that I needed a space that I could stash my library books and some of my personal books and.....



VOILA! 
My locker-shelf was born!













So, in summary, I really love books and they have influenced my life a great deal. They taught me wonderful lessons.

But I am signing off, for now, as I have to go read 70 pages of The City of Bones before I go see the film.

See you later,
Amberly M. Oosthuizen 

No comments:

Post a Comment